We polish our skin for that glowing youthful look; maintain a healthy diet along with exercise, to keep our body fit and active, but we always tend to neglect those feet, with which we do the most of our routine work. After a long and tiring day, giving your feet a small yetrelaxing foot spa at home, would be the ultimate thing to make those weary little feet feel relaxed and pampered.
Obviously, in this fast paced world, we don’t get extra time and off course money to spend hours and hours in the beauty parlors and spend thousands on just a little act of pedicure. But still we can’t neglect our dear feet, so it’s always better to give them a little foot spa treat once a week or even once a month to keep them beautifully youthful and relaxed.
You can do home foot spa in just simple five steps on weekends and it would cost you nothing but the happiness of soft and lovely feet:
- It’s time to get-set-go!
Home Foot spa needs some little preparation time, start off by removing any nail polish if you are wearing and then wash your feet with simple soap and water to make them ready for the act.
- Soak Feet
This is the most important step, which will relax you and your feet, soften skin and clean any bacteria on the feet. For maximum benefits, it’s always better to add deliciously aromatic and beneficial essential oils in your warm water. Here are five easy recipes for soaking feet and feel perfectly stress-free.
- For Tired Feet: Pour 2 litre of warm water in the washing tub and add:
- 3 drops of Lavender essential oil
- 3 drops of Rosemary essential oil
- 2 drops natural lemon
- Foot Soothing Soak: Mix half a cup course sea salt in 2 litre warm water and add:
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Fresh Lavender minced
- a handful of fresh mint minced
- Skin Softening Soak: Add a ¼ cup of warm milk and ¼ cup of fresh lemon juice in ¼ cup of warm water. Add a bit of cinnamon and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Honey Foot Bath: Pour 2 litre of warm water in your tub and add:
- 1 tablespoon of Honey
- 1 tablespoon of Liquid soap (you can use dish washing soap)
- 1 tablespoons Vanilla extracts
- 2 tablespoons of Sweet Almond Oil
- Dry Foot Soak: Add 3 cups organic pineapple juice and ½ cup organic coconut milk to a warm water foot bath.
Choose any of the above mentioned recipes and soak your feet for as long as you can, while your feet are enjoying foot spa, you can read on to something or just listen to soothing music.
- Apply a Foot Scrub
For scrubbing, if you want to save time, you can simply buy Strawberry foot scrub from the market and add 2 drops of lemon juice in it and massage your feet with it. However if you want to make homemade foot scrub strawberry scrub, crush 8 to 10 strawberries and 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of sea salt and massage your feet gently.
No, this is not the last step, but yes you are close to last. Now wash your feet with simple water, pat them dry with towel and apply some rich foot moisturizer. You can use Vaseline Cocoa Butter Lotion for amazing chocolate fragrance.
- Shine On!
Lastly, apply some beautiful nail color gently and slowly, let it dry and flaunt your beautifully relaxed feet in some cute sandals or flip flop. You are perfectly ready to walk in style with those adorable soft feet.